Project #10 – Knit Leafy Dress

I had every intention of going to work today, but I almost lost control of my car due to the freezing rain while running an errand. So, I went straight home, wrote a few PHP scripts, and put off the bulk of my workday until tomorrow. I spent the rest of my afternoon watching a documentary and sewing a dress for when it finally gets warm.

I cut out this pattern almost five months ago. I love a good knit dress, but I was a little put off by one with so many pattern pieces. My favorite knit patterns usually have only two and can be sewn together in less than an hour. This one had five and the directions looked especially sadistic.

I’m not too happy with the way the dress sewed together. The collar is much thicker than what is in the pattern picture and the sleeves stick out oddly. I’m also not satisfied with the underbust seam. The interfacing required by the pattern causes the line to look awkward.

I’m starting the think that it’s not me, but the pattern company. I’ve never made a New Look pattern without having the pieces line up weirdly, or the item will turn out two sizes too big. I’ll have to keep that in mind for the future the next time I’m tempted by an attractive pattern cover.


No Comments so far.

Leave a Reply